Google SE - Page Numbers Return!

AussieDave

24 years & still going!
Reaction score
Wasn't doing this last night but today it is...

Years ago Google used defined page numbers. Frankly, that made it a LOT easier, at a glance, to figure out where one sat. However, at some point that all changed. In its place, the SERP's returned a continuous scroll.

I was just on Google now (PC) and the page numbers have returned... YaY.

Checked with mobile and it's still continuous scrolling BUT that makes sense.

It just didn't make sense to use that format for a PC.

What are your thought on this update?

Led

Affiliate Guard Dog Member
Reaction score
It's still infinite scrolling on my PC. However, in my opinion, numbered pages are more user-friendly.
Otherwise, the results are still crap. Last night, I mostly saw repurposed expired domains outranking the most highly relevant affiliate sites. Not so today.

AidanLCFC

Reaction score
This isn't an update or something that has stuck. Every now and again, using firefox on a pc they have pages numbered, but then later it disappears and now currently it scrolling again. No idea why it comes and goes but been seeing it for a while, but scrolling results are about 90% of the results i've seen

AidanLCFC

Reaction score
Wasn't doing this last night but today it is...

Years ago Google used defined page numbers. Frankly, that made it a LOT easier, at a glance, to figure out where one sat. However, at some point that all changed. In its place, the SERP's returned a continuous scroll.

I was just on Google now (PC) and the page numbers have returned... YaY.

Checked with mobile and it's still continuous scrolling BUT that makes sense.

It just didn't make sense to use that format for a PC.

What are your thought on this update?
aye up Dave, seems we were seeing tests as now it's gone https://www.seroundtable.com/google-continuous-scroll-dead-37618.html